You and your partner have turned your hobby of building precision drones and unmanned aerial systems (UAS) for filming and photography into a successful internet business called Aerospace Drones. Your company has earned a reputation for building high quality drones equipped with premium cameras, advanced performance features, and a wide range of automated flight modes.
In recent years, Aerospace Drones has become a preferred vendor for private security companies due to your products’ superb aerial imagery. Recently, a colleague recommended that you expand your business even further by competing for Department of Homeland Security contracts. Because you have limited experience in this realm, you have important research to do.
Write a two to four-page executive summary for your board of directors in which you:
- Analyze how existing federal statutory acts favor smaller businesses over large multinational organizations that build drones (e.g., Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, and General Atomics).
- Evaluate the small-business programs created by Congress and provide details on how they could benefit your company over large multinational organizations that build unmanned aircraft.
- Identify what positions (titles) you would designate within your organization to interact with the government purchasing agency.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate the impact of both statutory and legislative acts on the creation and administration of small business preference and entitlement programs.