– You are preparing to launch your own camping gear manufacturing business in Northridge (keep this in mind as you make your decisions). To have a better idea about what kinds of products this might include, visit the website of camping gear manufacturers.
– Next, conduct research on the kinds of retailers that exist for the distribution of camping gear. Based on your research, decide whether or not you will sell directly to consumers, indirectly, or both and write a ½ page-to-full page description about WHY you have decided this.
– Based on your decision above, select TWO specific indirect/direct kinds of retail channels (no more, no less) who you will use to distribute your camping gear (it does not have to be a specific company; for instance, it could be an “online retailer” and not necessarily Amazon) and write a ½ page to full page description for each retail channel about as much of the following as possible:
- What kinds of wholesalers might be needed to make distribution more efficient.
- What kinds of transportation methods would be needed to deliver the products to the retailer.
– NOTE: All content should be kept to domestic (U.S. only) marketing activities – not international!
– NOTE: Credible market research sources are those published after 01-01-19.
– NOTE: Clearly label each section as follows: Direct/Indirect Decision (e.g. “Direct Only”), First Retail Channel Used (e.g. “Company-owned Online Site”), and Second Retail Channel Used (e.g. “Company-owned Physical Stores”)
– Students are allowed to use ONLY UP to 10% of quotations from their sources – but these MUST have quotation marks and citations.
1. Use 12 point Times New Roman font throughout.
2. Use double-spacing throughout.
3. Have a cover page with your name, assignment number and date of submission.
4. Every scenario will require research – follow APA guidelines (in-text citations and a