After studying the course materials located on Module 5: Lecture Materials & Resources page, answer the following:
1) Read ERD 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 55, 59, 61, 62 and make a summary.
2) Uniform Determination of Death Act (UDDA):
When and how was this law created?
What is the legal definition of death?
3) What is the basic principle of Human Life?
4) Explain the difference between pain and suffering.
5) Give an ethical analysis of pain management / pain relief when death becomes inevitable
6) Ordinary / extraordinary means of life support: Explain each and give an ethical analysis
7) Diagnosis / prognosis: define both
8) Assist / Substitute vital organs: provide an ethical analysis.
9) Killing / allowing to die: Define both. Which one is ethical and why?
10) What are Advance Directives? Speak about Living Will, Power of Attorney, Durable Power of Attorney, and DNR
The work is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
If references are used, please cite properly according to the current APA style. Refer to your syllabus for further detail or contact your instructor.
References: (only use these references)
Ethical and Religious Directives (ERD) for Catholic Health Care Services (6th ed.). (2018)
Cioffi, A. (2018, March 17). BIO 603 3 17 18 [Video file]. Retrieved from
BIO 603 3 17 18 (youtube video)
Cioffi, A. (2019, April 6). BIO 603 CONSENT 4 6 19 [Video file]. Retrieved from
BIO 603 CONSENT 4 6 19